How to make a Whisky Sour
A whisky sour is a classic whisky cocktail and a must for anyone who wants to add a little bit of whisky flair to a cocktail party.
Here is a pretty simple recipe to get you started
- 60ml of a good quality bourbon (I've used Maker's Mark and Woodford Reserve; both are pretty reasonable and look nice on the shelf).
- 20-25ml of lemon juice. If you can freshly squeeze the lemons yourself even better.
- 30-25ml of a simple syrup (Mix 1/3 cup sugar and 1/3 cup water over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved; remove from heat and cool).
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of egg white
- lemon wedge and maraschino cherry to garnish
- Ice Cubes
- Combine the bourbon, lemon juice, syrup and egg white in a cocktail shaker. Shake well for 20-30 seconds. Add at least a cup of ice and shake for another 20 seconds.
- Using a strainer, pour the mixture into a cocktail glass and finish it off with a lemon wedge garnish and put the maraschino cherry on a skewer.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.